Christmas Gift Guide for Toddlers and Kids

Friday, November 28, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments


OMG, December is here! Oh man, what the heck had happened? I slept in an August midnight and wham bam! I woke up on a December morning.

Christmas rush again, I have an on-going list of God children, niece, nephew, sister-in-law, little sister, brothers, colleagues, etc. And unlike in the other countries I lived before, here in the Philippines where I am currently based, Christmas is an event where everyone participates.

Anyway, as I’ve mentioned earlier, I have tons of people to give gifts, so do you, right? Tell me I am right, that I’m not the only one facing this kind of happy mess.

You know like anyone in the planet who have an on-going Christmas list, I have no idea what to give and at the same time I have lots of options, but with Christmas just a couple of weeks to go and all the stores packed with Christmas shoppers, I don’t think you would want to stay in a jam-packed department store to browse every item, so the best thing to do is prepare a Christmas list, name, options, something like that.

Let’s start with the toddlers. I have an eight month old nephew named Jacob and for kids his age let’s stick to the rule “nothing to small” since they tend to put every single thing they can hold on their mouth.

My first option is a character hoodie shirt but I remember seeing his closet full of those kinds of clothes, Nemo from Finding Nemo, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon just to name a few, plus buying clothes for toddlers can be a tricky thing, size for one thing, if you are not sure of the kids size stay away from buying clothes.

So my next option according to the internet is a complete set of baby bath things, from shampoo, soap, powder to baby oils to bath essentials and floating toys but I don’t thinks that a nice idea, sure my niece enjoys his bath time but yeah, he won’t enjoy those things plus his grandmothers (take note the “s”, he he he) bought a year worth of supply and remember our rule “nothing to small”.

I think the safest are plush toys both for boys and girls, there are lots of characters to choose from, and an array of sizes, from the 12 inches ones to the bigger ones, take some time watching the Disney channel to see the popular cartoon characters and check the toy store’s or better yet online stores since most of the rare ones are sold online.

As for kids three and up, toys, coloring books and some art materials are the safest choice, maybe toy cars, train set and robots for boys, as for the little ladies, there are tons of options, from dolls to kid friendly make-up kits, brush set with battery operated hair dryer and curling irons (gosh, If I’m still a kid I would love to receive that kind of gift).

So that’s it, feel free to give me some suggestion.

0 comments: