A Dateless, Boyfriend less Valentine’s Day Can Also Be Fun!

Sunday, February 15, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments


The title probably sounds so bitter, but I don’t feel bitter at all, in fact, I had a really great time with myself.

Earlier, I had a sumptuous breakfast with my family - which for some reason, we have a complete table attendance except for my dad who’s working outside the country – a little chat here and there, a few minutes of playtime with my ten month old nephew, and the next thing I knew, I was alone in the house.

My sister has a prom to attend so she, together with our mom, left early for her salon appointment. We bought a meal + beauty + pampering GC for our mom on the same hotel where my sister’s prom will be held.

My brother probably had a date or, is going to look for a date with his unattached friends. The other brother went out with his wife and their kid, plus our dog, so I was really alone.

A few weeks before, I was invited for an event but I declined since I had things already planned (a meeting with a potential client on Valentine’s Day, that sucks!), which was cancelled the night before Valentine’s Day (so annoying!) and my friends already found something (more like someone) to do on the VDay.

So, alone in a big house, with nothing to do and nowhere to go to (more like too lazy to move) I decided to catch up with some good movies. However, before that, let’s go prepare some drinks as well as something to eat since I don’t particularly like to order pizza or whatever, and the easiest, fastest but yummy food to cook is pasta. All you need is pasta of course, some tomato’s, olive oil, some spices and it’ll be a good, fulfilling food.

Prepare two pans, one is for the pasta, the other is for the sauce, boil some water, add some salt, dump the pasta and wait till its al dente. On the other pan, sauté garlic, onion, tomato’s, add your spices, salt and pepper, if you have meat or seafood or veggies go and dump it all in. I had spaghetti alla puttanesca. For the drinks, I just prepared a pitcher of orange juice with lots of ice and some gin, just a little bit.

Next, prepare the DVD’s, the sofa, the blanket and lot’s of pillow if you choose to watch on the living room, which I did, since the entertainment system is installed in our living room.

I had a Legolas marathon, from the “The Lord Ring” trilogy The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King, to the “The Hobbit” trilogy An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug and the Battle of the Five armies.

I started around two or three o’clock? I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the second installment of the hobbit trilogy, woke up with the movie credits on the screen, put the last DVD, and voila it’s past 12 midnight, another Valentine’s Day is over, I ate my own cooked meal, had a drink I made myself, watch a movie all by myself and survived the day of love, and frankly I can say, indeed I had fun giving myself some love.

P.S. Check out this List of Fantabulous Idea’s to Own Valentine’s Day.

0 comments: